Business Development Assistant – Full Time
Diversity trainee for the Technology Sector
The People Development Team provides training and consulting services to some of the largest organisations around the globe. With expertise in the areas of Inclusion, Unconscious Bias and Women’s Leadership we run award-winning training programmes both face to face and using virtual techniques.
To support increasing demand from clients, The People Development Team is seeking a Business Development Assistant to assist with the development and management of large, often global, accounts within the Technology Sector.
This position requires the building and developing of leads, relationship management of clients and managing projects relating to our expansion of sectors across the globe.
- Generating and following up leads: This will include suggesting new approaches, working with marketing on email campaigns, following-up with calls, and attending client meetings as a first time contact as well as note-taking and putting together proposals. You will also assist the Account Manager’s and become the ‘go-to’ industry experts in their field by researching relevant events, associations, publications and networks
- Support the Account Manager with the management of relationships with existing clients, as well as working with new clients. This requires the ability to be client-facing and also to manage relationships internally
- Work with administration to provide regular reporting on all client activity
- Attending networking events.
Benefits of the Role:
- Potential to progress to Account Manager within 18 months to 2 years
- Ability to work with some of the world’s largest organisations, cross-sector, across the globe
- Get exposure to a senior, global network of Diversity & Inclusion professionals
- Potential for travel abroad
- Flexible working arrangement (largely from home and agile)
- Help organisations create inclusive environments, and increase employee engagement & business success – a key strategic driver for many businesses.
- Keen to be a key player in the development of a high growth organisation
- Demonstrable initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation – from Junior to Exec-Level
- Good communication, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Highly organised and detail orientated
- Capable of juggling multiple projects
- Imaginative and accurate written and oral communication
- Ability to schedule own workload to achieve targets, goals and deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Some business acumen.
- Interest in Business, Psychology, HR and/or Diversity & Inclusion
- Initial training will be given to those with the potential.
This is an excellent position offering the chance to work in a small, dynamic team, making a real difference to their global business success.
You do not to have all of the attributes listed here to get the job, we’re interested in passionate people willing to learn.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with a CV and covering letter (applications without a covering letter will not be considered) detailing your suitability for the role and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.