Strategic Value of Inclusion (SLT and ‘Leadership Pipeline’/High Potential) For inclusion to be truly embedded within any organization, senior leadership must not only be ‘bought in’ ideologically, they must be able to robustly articulate which part of their business strategy will not work if they do not adopt inclusion and collaboration.
Format: Two (2 x90 min) facilitated virtual workshops via WebEx Training Centre.
The first of these workshops provokes more serious exploration of the difference between diversity and inclusion and how creating an inclusive environment can drive their specific business outcomes. Having reviewed the science of how subconscious categorization influences our daily working relationships, we explore the real impact of micro-behaviors in current working practices.
- An understanding of where unconscious bias awareness and inclusion sit as a driver for business success
- Clear identification of specific areas of organizational strategy that will be at risk without effective inclusion across the business.
- Increased capacity to be able to identify the presence of unconscious bias in daily working relationships and practice and to articulate their wider strategic impact
Inclusive cultures drive strategy and inclusive cultures start with the individual, so we kick-start personal bias awareness through a brief experiential exercise and identify some practical ways to manage bias. We then explore the culture with greater depth, looking at bias complexity, the career impact of benevolence and particularly organizational bias (unwritten rules). Participants create actions to build bias awareness, more inclusive practice and cultures, ensuring that their actions will specifically address the strategic risks identified in the first session
- Capacity to further explore personal biases, and to apply tools to reduce bias in ourselves
- Understanding benevolent bias and how it will be impacting talent development and retention across the business
- Clear identification of examples of organizational bias and actions to check unwritten rules and drive inclusive practices
- Specific actions to build bias awareness and inclusive practice in order to mitigate the identified strategic risks