At PDT we have established an award-winning approach to unconscious bias awareness that sits at the core of our training programmes. This content is then tailored and expanded to meet organisational and target population requirements, providing consistency in messaging, adopting a business specific focus and aligning to the strategic goals of your organisation.
The core content enables delegates to:
- Analyse personal beliefs and perceptions, develop conscious awareness of personal biases and use this to inform decisions to develop and support inclusive practice in self and others
- Look beyond unconscious bias and what else they can do within the organisation
This is achieved by a 2-3-hour workshop that enables delegates to discover:
- Why inclusion is integral to business success
- The part that reducing bias plays in creating inclusive environments
- The science behind bias including its evolutionary nature
- An insight into varying types of bias including affinity, benevolent and intersectional bias
- An exploration of own bias using interactive exercises
- The indicators and triggers to bias
- The manifestations of unconscious bias including micro-behaviours and linguistics
- The impacts of unconscious bias on others in the workplace and subsequent impacts on the business
- A self-questioning tool for bias reduction
- A take away toolkit for bias reduction
This content has been designed specifically to be able to cater for global populations including globally applicable examples, language and consideration of the marketplace.
This session can be delivered as a 2- 3-hour face-to-face delivery or as 2-hour interactive webinars. It can also be extended to a more in-depth workshop with deeper discussions.