BUSINESS IMPACT OF THE UNCONSCIOUS
Unconscious bias can have widespread influence in organisations, with implications on everything from diversity to decision-making. Whether people realise it or not, everyone makes judgments about others based on stereotypes. While people’s actions based on such unconscious biases aren’t typically malicious, they can negatively impact a business on many levels, chiefly among them is their ability to hire diverse talent.
This workshop explores the impact of ‘unwritten rules’ in the workplace – ways of working that advantage certain people whilst disadvantaging others. The impact of these ways of working are considered and practical actions identified for decision-making and behaviour which manages the effects to create a more inclusive way of working.
Customised Delivery Duration
Face to Face 1 to 2 hours
Virtual 1 to 2 hours
Who Will Benefit?
Exec teams, senior leadership teams, people leaders, managers, HR and D&I professionals.
- Business Case for Inclusion
- Business Impact of the Unconscious
- Characteristics of an Inclusive Leader
- Divisional Cultures in Large Organisations
- Embracing Difference
- High Performance in Virtual Teams
- Inclusion Clinics
- Inclusive Language
- Personal Impact of the Unconscious
- Supporting the Progression of Women
- Talking to Others About Inclusion
- An exploration of how unwritten rules and certain ways of working advantage some whilst disadvantaging others
- Establish concrete actions to generate a more inclusive approach.
Personal commitments for deploying more inclusive behaviour and decision-making in workplace contexts
Participants will identify the situational impact of unconscious bias in workplace settings and pinpoint behavioural changes and actions to mitigate the effects.