Digital Learning Developer
Reports to: Head of Digital
PDT Global is an inclusion and diversity training consultancy. We enable our clients to create inclusive working environments where everyone with the capacity and desire to excel can do so.
A fantastic opportunity to join our innovative, creative and forward thinking digital team is now open. We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive and engaged digital developer to join us. Working alongside our instructional designers and account managers, this is a busy and varied position which includes activity around building digital learning solutions, managing our Learning Management System (Moodle) and working with our clients globally.
This role aims to increase PDT Global’s virtual offerings and digital presence, thus increasing turnover, expanding the digital learning catalogue and enhancing the look and feel of all training solutions.
Under the direction of the Head of Digital, the Digital Learning Developer will work alongside trainers and subject matter experts to develop various digital learning products spanning across animation, live video, eLearning and interactive PDFs.
In addition to digital learning development, the post holder will support colleagues across the company, in the graphic design of various marketing, sales and training resources to enhance the PDT Global brand and visual impact. Furthermore, this role will support the administration of the company’s digital learning platform, Moodle as well as updating its front end and functions as required.
Key Working Relationships:
The key working relationships are as follows:
- Head of Digital
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Executive Office
- Digital Team Members
- Head of Marketing
- Clients of PDT
- Sales Directors
- Account Managers
- Project Managers
- IT support
- External training providers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and deliver client purchases of ‘off the shelf’, ‘translated’ and ‘tailored’ solutions
- Own administrative duties such as account creation, user enrollment and regular reporting of MOODLE (LMS)
- Support marketing initiatives by creating graphics, adverts and infomercial resources as required
- Work alongside the Instructional Designers to script, storyboard and deploy effective digital learning solutions that utilise instructional design principles
- In partnership with the Account Managers, take part in digital sales pitches with potential clients
- Contribute to the annual business planning for digital services, proposing changes/developments in line with latest trends in learning technology
- Analyse problems and make judgement on issues concerned with the day to day deployment and operations of Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Manage own time to ensure the compliance of all internal and external deadlines – raising concerns early if a deadline is at risk.
- Review own work and critique output to ensure the use of correct grammar, visual consistency and professional publication.
- Gather feedback from colleagues and clients to evaluate the effectiveness of all created digital products
- Compare market providers and conduct financial analysis to support procurement projects
Communications and Relationships
- Build and maintain a constructive and positive relationship with all services and clients
- Liaise with external suppliers to maintain relationships and ensure continued awareness of service evolution
Professional and Personal Development
- Critically reflect on own competence and actively participate in regular performance reviews
- Identify and participate in learning and development opportunities to enhance personal skill set
- Attend learning and technology events/exhibitions/seminars to remain current with market developments and increase market awareness.
The post holder will be a meticulous yet creative thinker, able to follow instruction and bring learning to life. This role is built on a blend of learning creation, sales participation and LMS administration – meaning the role is best suited to someone who enjoys a diverse workload with plenty of variety.
The candidate will be well accustomed with authoring tools (such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia and/or Premiere, Photoshop and/or Illustrator) to demonstrate a “wow” factor for digital solutions. Aligned with the technical know-how, should be an avid interest in Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) and Inclusion and Diversity.
Although attendance is required at least once a week at the PDT office, and occasional travel to client locations is expected, this role is a work from home position which required the post holder to be motivated, disciplined and able to work under their own initiative.
As part of a global organisation, the candidate will interact with a variety of teams and individuals both internally and externally, therefore should be a strong communicator (both written and verbal), as well as an effective team player.
Key attributes for this role include a visual eye, attention to detail, excellent time management and the ability to work to clear guidelines.
Piqued your interest? Glad to hear it. We’d love to know about you and the value you would bring to our organisation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org today to share your expertise and abilities via a covering letter and CV.