Inclusion for Individual Contributors
At PDT we have established an award-winning approach to unconscious bias awareness that sits at the core of our training programmes. This content is then tailored and expanded to meet organisational and target population requirements, providing consistency in messaging, adopting a business specific focus and aligning to the strategic goals of your organisation.
At any given moment, our brains are receiving 11 million pieces of information. We can only consciously process about 40 of those pieces. To process the rest, we rely on our subconscious, which helps us filter information by taking mental shortcuts. Unconscious bias refers to the information, attitudes, and stereotypes that inform our subconscious information-processing and dictates the process by which we take these mental shortcuts.
Unconscious bias in the workplace creates a unique challenge because it involves more than just behaviour. It involves the way each person in your workforce processes information and makes decisions.
This workshop teaches your workforce about unconscious bias and shows employees how to make evidence-based decisions to increase inclusion and the quality of decision-making throughout your organisation.
Customised Delivery Duration
Face to Face 2 or 3 Hours
Virtual 2 Hour Session
Who Will Benefit?
All employees within the organisation should take this course.
- Building Inclusion for Line Managers
- Sustained & Measurable Embedding Programmes
- Masterclass for D&I Professionals
- Masterclass for HR Professionals
- Masterclass for Recruiting Professionals
- Unconscious Bias Awareness
The core content enables delegates to:
- Analyse personal beliefs and perceptions, develop conscious awareness of personal biases and use this to inform decisions to develop and support inclusive practice in self and others
- Look beyond unconscious bias and what else they can do within the organisation
- Why inclusion is integral to business success
- The part that reducing bias plays in creating inclusive environments
- The science behind bias including its evolutionary nature
- An insight into varying types of bias including affinity, benevolent and intersectional bias
- An exploration of own bias using interactive exercises
- The indicators and triggers to bias
- The manifestations of unconscious bias including micro-behaviours and linguistics
- The impacts of unconscious bias on others in the workplace and subsequent impacts on the business
- A self-questioning tool for bias reduction
- A take away toolkit for bias reduction