INCLUSION FOR TEAMS: The Leader’s Toolkit
Bias and inclusion can be sensitive topics, even where awareness and practical training have been delivered. It is important to provide managers and leaders with consistent, structured resources and guidance which enables them to cascade learning to their team with confidence.
PDT’s dynamic and interactive Manager’s Discussion Guide features instructional videos, activities, tools and techniques for managers and leaders to facilitate discussions with their teams.
Each section of the guide includes interactive links to consistent and consumable presentations, videos and activities which offer your managers a step by step guide for initiating and progressing discussions following their own inclusion training.
We recommend that the Manager’s Guide is tailored to take into account your leadership and management development portfolio, talent programmes and tools, manager accountabilities and employee life cycle processes. Your social media platform should also be used to cascade information and facilitate conversations
Customised Delivery Duration
Face to Face 2 Hours
Virtual 2 Hour Session
Who Will Benefit?
Any employee with supervisory responsibilities should take this class.
- Building Inclusion for Line Managers
- Sustained & Measurable Embedding Programmes
- Masterclass for D&I Professionals
- Masterclass for HR Professionals
- Masterclass for Recruiting Professionals
- Unconscious Bias Awareness
The Manager’s Discussion Guide features five core discussion toolkits and has been designed to support managers and leaders to:
- Lead discussions about bias and inclusion within their teams
- Cascade learning and translate D&I and inclusive leadership awareness into practical application
- Drive inclusivity in all areas of their management practice
- Inspire their team members in reducing bias in their everyday decisions and behaviours
- Establish actions and check-ins for their teams as a whole and the team members.
- Emphasise the purpose and benefit for your team and organisation
- Bring the content to life – using real examples to promote discussion
- Relate discussions to the roles of the team
- Call to action – ensure actions are created that are sustained and show behavioural change.