INCLUSIVITY FOR HR PROFESSIONALS
“Diversity and Inclusion is a top-to-bottom business strategy – not just an HR program”.
– Josh Bersin, Founder, Bersin by Deloitte
Workplace diversity & inclusion affects the development of interpersonal relationships, how supervisors and managers interact with staff and how employees relate to each other. … In many ways, workplace diversity & inclusion increases HR responsibilities and holds the department accountable for functions mandated by law.
When discussing the changing role of human resources, diversity & inclusion is a topic that must be included. One of the most pressing challenges facing human resources practitioners is to foster a working environment characterized by tolerance and inclusion for workers from very diverse backgrounds.
Masterclass: Inclusivity for HR Professionals teaches HR executives and business partners how to play an active role in encouraging dialogue and understanding among the different groups represented within their companies. Educating workers about workplace diversity is an important part of the changing role of human resources managers in organizations of all sizes.
We’ll introduce the concept of both conscious and unconscious bias and explore their impacts on HR practice. Our approach moves participants beyond the simple concepts of ‘Negative’ and ‘Affinity’ biases to the more complex ‘Benevolent’ and ‘Intersectional’ biases.
Customised Delivery Duration
Face to Face Full Day
Who Will Benefit?
Human Resource professionals
- Building Inclusion for Line Managers
- Sustained & Measurable Embedding Programmes
- Masterclass for D&I Professionals
- Masterclass for HR Professionals
- Masterclass for Recruiting Professionals
- Unconscious Bias Awareness
This workshop ensures that the HR professionals within your organisation truly understand the impact of sustaining an inclusive workforce and how it contributes to the success of your organisation.
Interactive sessions using visuals, storytelling and real-world data help participants understand the difference between diversity and inclusion, and how they impact specific areas of your strategy such as
- Business Development
- Risk Assessment
- Technological Integration,
- Geographical Expansion
- Cultural Change
- Using role-play and case studies, this workshop creates the kind of conversations participants will need to have when helping others overcome their biases.
- HR strategies for reducing bias from the HR perspective
- Leveraging bias reduction tools
- Increasing Inclusion in our Processes
We’ll take an end-to-end HR process and ask participants to identify possible pain points where bias may occur and then discuss how they can positively affect an inclusive change.
Depending on the audience, we can even explore how the outward facing steps (Search Execs, Candidate Feedback, Advertising) might be used to promote the organisation as an inclusive enterprise to the outside world.
- Map out their existing workplace HR end-to-end process.
- Identify areas where inclusivity should be introduced into the process.
- Leverage specific tools from the workshop as ways ingrain inclusive practices.
- Inclusivity for HR Professionals will help participants:
- Recognise their own biases and gain some tips to reduce them in their role.
- Gain a deep understanding of the strategic necessity to create an inclusive workforce and knowledge to recognise how bias impacts organisational success.
- Share the knowledge and language to advocate with hiring managers and informed talent selectors.
- Identify bias in many processes (Performance Management, Recruitment, Talent Management, Promotion, Project Selection etc).
- Identify the “pinch points” in any process that can promote bias or create inclusion.